STATE BANK EDGERTON GATOR SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, ACCOUNT OPENING, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The State Bank Edgerton Gator Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Williams County, Ohio, Defiance County, Ohio, and DeKalb County, Indiana who are 18 years of age or older as of May 14, 2021. Void where prohibited. Employees and Directors of The State Bank and Trust Company (“Sponsor” or “State Bank”), and its parent company, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 14, 2021, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 8, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). Mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 8, 2021 and received by October 13, 2021. Sponsor’s records are the official records for determining time of entry for the Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner selected in a random drawing at the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received.
4. TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter:
• AUTOMATIC ENTRY: Eligible individuals will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each new qualifying personal account opened and/or new qualifying consumer loan originated during the Promotion Period at State Bank’s Edgerton Banking Office located at 104 North Michigan Avenue, Edgerton, Ohio 43517. Qualifying accounts include: Personal checking, personal savings, personal certificate of deposit and personal credit card. Qualifying loans include: mortgage loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, automobile loan, recreational vehicle loan, and personal loan. Business accounts, business credit cards, and business loans originated do not qualify. Accounts and loans are subject to all standard applicable terms, conditions, restrictions and eligibility requirements. Loans and credit cards are subject to credit approval. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. For complete account and loan details, contact the Edgerton Banking Office at 419-298-5001. Automatic entries must be made by October 8, 2021 in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
• IN PERSON WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Eligible individuals may enter in person by completing a Sweepstakes Entry Form, which can be obtained during the Promotion Period at State Bank’s Edgerton Banking Office located at 104 North Michigan Avenue, Edgerton, Ohio 43517. To obtain a Sweepstakes Entry Form, please visit the State Bank Edgerton Banking Office during the Promotion Period to request a Sweepstakes Entry Form, provide the requested information on the Entry Form, and return it to a State Bank Edgerton Banking Office representative on duty, during the Promotion Period. Enter as often as you wish; however, each Sweepstakes Entry Form will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
• BY MAIL WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Eligible individuals who received a Sweepstakes Entry Form by mail may enter by providing the information on the Entry Form and mailing it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: State Bank, Attn: Edgerton Gator Sweepstakes, PO Box 448, Edgerton, Ohio 43517. Eligible individuals may also enter by mail by hand printing your complete name, mailing address, email address, phone number and date of birth on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper, and mailing it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: State Bank, Attn: Edgerton Gator Sweepstakes, PO Box 448, Edgerton, Ohio 43517. Mailed entries must be postmarked between May 14, 2021 and October 8, 2021, and received by October 13, 2021 in order to be eligible for the random drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed Entry will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected at random on or around October 14, 2021 from among all eligible automatic and mailed entries received during the Promotion Period. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by U.S. Mail, telephone and/or email, within one (1) week of random drawing date. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to verify their eligibility by completing and returning a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release where legal, and return within five (5) days of notification (“Declaration”). Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or a prize or a prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing (each, an “Alternate Drawing”) from among all remaining eligible entries in the applicable Entry Period. Only five (5) Alternate Drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled within approximately 1-2 weeks after winner confirmation.
6. ODDS: Actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. PRIZE AND ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: John Deere Gator™ XUV835E (Model Year 2021) Crossover Utility Vehicle. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $15,349.00. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of the prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. Any and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes. If a winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in
perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express
or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. Sponsor will issue the winner of the Grand Prize an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of the Grand Prize as it is valued at $600 or more. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the Declaration, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Ohio.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received to award the prize and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
13. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, visit www.YourStateBank.com. Winner list will be available within fourteen (14) days of winner confirmation.
15. SPONSOR: The State Bank and Trust Company 401 Clinton Street, Defiance, Ohio 43512.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A
PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. No entrant has yet won. One (1)
Grand Prize: John Deere Gator™ XUV835E (Model Year 2021) Crossover Utility Vehicle. ARV of Grand Prize: $15,349.00. Automatic entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET 10/8/21 in order to be eligible. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 10/8/21 and received by 10/13/21, in order to be eligible. Actual odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sweepstakes ends 11:59:59 PM ET 10/8/21. See Official Rules above for complete details.
Sponsored solely by The State Bank and Trust Company 401 Clinton Street, Defiance, Ohio 43512.